Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Profusion . . .

















I had to get out my writer's thesarus again today. Was having a hard time thinking of the right word to describe my world at the moment . . . overload was all I could think of, and that wasn't right. Profusion . . . of flowers. Sometimes it feels like I can hear God chuckling a few days after I say things like "Oh poor me, my flowers aren't blooming yet, everybody else's flowers are blooming . . . just let me have a couple for the Easter table and I will be happy."
It is not just a couple of the Easter table (of course, if I would only trust!), there are the jonquils (above), and the tulips:


















And hyacinths, oh my!




















And then I walk along the road to our local woodsy area, which lets me in for views of vernal wetland/creek bottom/frog habitat . . .



















Spring Beauties



















Rue Anenome





















Trout Lily with some Blood Root thrown in . . .



















Dutchman's Breeches looking like someone has hung a bunch of tiny pants out on a tiny clothesline



















And my favorite rarity . . . Hepatica with it's sureal lavendar flowers and liver lobed leaves . . .



















I'm sorry if I bored you with my flowers. I know I take pictures of the same ones every year . . . I just can't quit being amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment