Friday, January 13, 2012

Checking In From Siberia

So . . . winter has finally decided to show up. With a vengeance. But's that's ok. It is January after all. High of 19 today . . . snow . . . wind. Lots of fun little drifts all over the yard. I have no clue how much snow we actually have gotten. It is light and fluffy and the wind has tossed it hither and yon.


It is the first day all winter that I think the chickens have stayed inside the whole time, except to deposit eggs in the hay feeder. Which they did an amazing job of, all eight of them put one out today. This only happens maybe once every 2 weeks.


If you really want to know the general consensus of the weather here on the farm, I think Shadow's yowl from the porch bench might have expressed it best:























If only I had thought to video record him, you could have had the sound to go with it. If you notice, he is pathetically holding up his front paw, which he has been limping on all week, even though we can't find anything wrong with him. I told Ryan I think he's faking it, and is just trying to get extra attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment