Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Certain Kind of Light

The other day, I realized that part of the variety I could add to my photos out the window is to take them at different times of day. I'm remembering to grab my camera more and more, instead of just thinking, "Oh, that would make a pretty picture."

One of my favorite lights to try to capture is that of late afternoon, when on a sunny day things seem to glow and shine a little bit:


















Whether at home or some place a little farther away:


















At at that certain slant of light, things seem a little bit more than ordinary. Like time could stand still for a little while, and one could get lost in it; then suddenly the light changes, and it's moved to sunset. The view isn't golden anymore.

While things at the farm aren't particularly golden this morning, it is at least a bit warmer than yesterday. I think it was more like 13 or 14 instead of 3 this morning. The calves were outside waiting for their breakfast, and Henry the tomcat was anxiously, loudly waiting at the garage door for his daily bowl of cat food.


Maybe if it stays sunny, a walk to the woods is order. Gotta enjoy the sun while I can. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment