Monday, January 24, 2011

Fluff

That's what is going on outside . . . fluff. Snow that is. I beg to disagree with the weatherforcaster who predicted only an inch for the day. I would think we already have that much, and it's still coming down pretty good.



















And the temperature is rising a little bit. It was a balmy 17 when I went out to do chores this morning. That's warmer than it got all weekend! Maybe that's why the calves were out frolicing in the snow, even though they were starting to look like abominable snow steers, the way the snow was sticking to their fir.


I haven't taken a from the road photo in a while, and thought it was about time. So here is:



















White, white, and more white. With occasional punctuation of color from the buildings, house, and trees.



And in the case you're tired of snow . . . I have a little bit spring going on in my windowsill. I had some freesia bulbs leftover from an Easter gift from my sister last year. Everywhere I read on the internet said that it was highly unlikely that they would come up again after being a forced bloom. Well a couple of weeks ago when I went to throw them out I noticed a a little, very pale green nub on the ends of several of the bulbs. So instead of throwing them away, I took them out of their old dirt, planted them about an 1 1/2" deep in new dirt, watered them and put them in the windowsill.

Two weeks later this is what I get. Which I didn't notice until on Saturday Ryan brought my attention to the fact that we had green. Woo hoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment