Friday, January 21, 2011

Siberian

















Don't let the lovely sunshine in this photo fool you . . . it is positively Siberian outside. As in "like Siberia".  I present the thermometer photo as proof:


















According to the thesaurus other words to describe today: bitter, icy, frosty, glacial, wintry, subzero, hypothermic, raw, biting, piercing, bone-chilling, penetrating, cutting, numbing, arctic, polar, Siberian, nippy, etc. . . I underlined the ones I liked best.


Yes, I am one of those crazy freaks who could sit and read the thesaurus like a novel. Reveling in all the new words to learn . . . totally boring the rest of society. I took the History of English Language class, and was the only non-major in it.


But less about me and back to the farm. So far everyone, I mean the critters, seem to be handling the cold OK. The calves shook their heads a couple of times over the indignity of touching their tongues to the freezing plastic feed troughs as they were eating their breakfasts. Inside, everyone is searching for blankets, or a spot in the sun like Kiddo.


















Good luck staying warm. Happy weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment