Thursday, January 6, 2011

Return of the snow



I knew we wouldn't go too long without some white on the ground. It has been a light flurry on and off this morning. No deterrent to the critters though who are still enjoying their barnyard freedom this morning.



















The chickens will be sad though. They are about to lose the freedom of slipping under the gate to explore the yard. I didn't mind them doing it until I found all 5 hens scratching in the straw coveirng my strawberry bed yesterday. The strawberries had a tough enough time with a dry fall without having chickens dig them up during the winter. Though if there gets to be more snow on the ground I won't have to worry about their wanderings anyways. They won't come out of the building if we get the ground covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment