Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Winter Weather Advisory

















So I think that a winter weather advisory is a little bit overboard for a few inches of snow. I remember when I was a kid we used to get excited when there was a little line of text on the corner of the tv screen . . . it meant there really was a big storm coming. Now I have to talk myself down when they put those up, because I don't want to get myself excited for nothing. I'm one of those wierd people that likes to get snowed in. So instead of thinking about how much snow we might be getting, I just took my camera out with me when I went to dump the compost bowl, and explored the winter wonderland a little bit.

From the far east corner of the property:


















From the east looking out over the pasture:




















From the chicken house steps:




















The cows standing out in the snow for a lot longer than it takes to get a drink. Their fur is evidentally thick enough that they don't notice.






No comments:

Post a Comment